Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Prayer


So, last week I went to puyallup for a wedding, and it was so much fun. I saw a lot of people from highschool, and it was so fun to see how people have changed.

Then, on Sunday we got a call that my aunt was taken to the Hospital, we picked her husband up and rushed up there. (I need to add, that my family is very close to their family and my aunt did A LOT of stuff for our wedding- so I'm really close to my aunt). She had a stroke, and she has a blood clot. I spent most of monday at the hospital, and then monday night I stayed the whole night with her. I didn't sleep because her nurses weren't that great, and I was worried. But on Tuesday morning when her PT came in, she was able to walk to the door and back with help. But this was an amzing moment, and a huge Blessing. She is able to talk a little, but it's really hard and She has problems with it. On monday they gave her choclate pudding, and she LOVED it. She would take a bite and then sit there and say "mmm", so on tuesday morning she looked at me and said "I...I..I....I want...mmmm" I said "o you want choclate pudding?" the look on her face so funny, she started shaking her head yes and looked like she had just won something. I told her we would ask her nurse, and that I was sure she could have some. So, later when the nurse came, she looked at the nurse and said "I..I....I....I want..." and then she looked at me with this priceless look, and I had to laugh and then I told the nurse that she wanted choclate pudding, and then she started smiling. On tuesday her husband brought her a radio and she was so happy to listen to country music.

I left the hospital tuesday, went to my parents and showered, and left for the airport. When I first saw nathan at the airport I just broke down. Because I knew I didn't have to be strong for him. I got a call last night and they moved her room, next to the ICU, but she isn't in the ICU. They put her there so the nurses will check her every hour. They are also running a test today, because her strong side (left) was tinglying. ( So, I will update on that).

But please keep her in prayer and the family.

No comments: